Monday, October 25, 2010

Dramatic Discourse for week of Oct. 18: Some Improve, Others Don't

MONDAY, OCT 18

Chuck (NBC, 7:00):  For the second week in a row, we have a genuinely enjoyable episode; not even the inclusion of Jeffster could derail this, largely due to their presence actually serving to progress the main plot instead of propelling an idiotic subplot.

Castle (ABC, 9:00): Not a lot to say about last week's entry, which suffered a bit from having a more mundane case than the last few episodes. Not a bad episode, but not one of the better ones either.

TUESDAY, OCT 19

Parenthood (NBC, 9:00): A refreshingly small number of annoying actions on the Halloween episode -- Kristina's over-protective behavior was a bit grating at times, but on the whole, probably the most enjoyable episode of the season.

Sons of Anarchy (FX, 9:00):  Still having a hard time getting into this season -- too much drama, not enough levity to break it up.  I miss Halfsack more and more each week. 

WEDNESDAY, OCT 20

Terriers (FX, 9:00):  I've mentioned before how much I love this show's clever writing and unpredictable twists, but I don't think I've talked much about how much I love the characters themselves, who manage to be flawed enough to be human, but not so flawed that they become unlikable or unbelievable.  My heart broke for Steph and Hank this week as they dealt with her breakdown, and not just because I was worried that it might mean Steph leaving the show.

THURSDAY, OCT 21

Grey's Anatomy (ABC, 8:00): I enjoyed seeing Lexie in her element for once, and was glad that they didn't go down the "she's so over-confident and over-worked that she screwed up" road.  I'm also pleased with how they're letting Owen and Christina grow closer and try to make their impromptu marriage work, even as Christina deals with her PTSD.  And I liked Callie's attempts at playing mind games with anyone and everyone. Have to say, overall the shows seems to be back on track after a rocky season or two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment